Thursday, October 7, 2010

Working lunch

When I was at my last job, a working lunch literally meant I was stuck in a meeting listening to an old, bald, fat 40 year old man drone on and on about tracking PR results while spitting out half of his turkey on ciabatta.  

Flash forward six months and my idea of a working lunch now involves me sitting in my 2x2 cube gnawing on a salad and chicken while listening to the melody of keys being stroked and sighs being let out.  I can't say I'm unhappy with this option, but dining under a fluorescent light with a potion of food smells wafting in from the kitchen down the hall, leaves little to be desired.

What's the cure for lunchtime blues?  I can't say I know precisely, but I usually take this time to surf the web, catch up on gossip, I mean world news and stalk on Facebook - a little 'me' time, if you will.  Now I no longer associate 'lunchtime' with another hour of work, but a pleasant (albeit short-lived) escape from spreadsheets and marketing jargon like 'synergy' and 'on my plate'.

I write this as I gnaw on my salad, like I said before and my haphazardness caused me to spill olive oil drops on my shirt UGH!  The Tide To Go stick literally saves me every day.  Two seconds later and with a touch of the Tide stick, you would never even know I spilled a thing.  Tide isn't even paying me to say this!  That's how much I like their product! :)

As a side note, I can't stand when people hum in the office - especially during MY 'me' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment