Sunday, October 3, 2010

Starbucks Iced Green Tea

I had my very first iced green tea from Starbucks today (I had a free drink card I needed to use; you'll never find me there paying full price - ha!).  I know, this is very circa 2008, but I LOVE it.  I'm on a quest to find some Tazo Zen tea so I can recreate my own blend at home using an online recipe I found and tweaking it according to my taste buds.  

I think I'm partially doing this not only for the health/antioxidant benefit, but also because I've always lusted after the plastic fountain style cup with straw at Target.  I could use my old to-go coffee cup, but certain drinks just taste so much better when drunk out of a straw.

Here is the recipe - it taste JUST LIKE Starbucks...but it goes down smoother knowing that you only paid about $3 for a whole week's worth.  Enjoy!

1) Using a whole box of Zen Tazo teabags (the regular, small size), place all the bags of Zen Tazo tea in 1 liter of hot (nearly boiling) water (place the bags in once it starts boiling).

2) Let this steep for 5 minutes.

3) Remove tea bags and fill a pitcher with one liter of cold water. Add the hot tea water to the pitcher; this will bring you to 2 liters of "concentrate".

4) When you want to make a glass of iced tea, add one part "concentrate" to one part water and 2 parts ice OR to your personal taste. (Some people like no additional water.) You can also add a simple sugar syrup (you can buy Starbucks' Classic syrup) to taste as well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment