Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Corporate America

I use to work in a small office with woman who were consumed with staying healthy and active.  Now I work in an office with people who are consumed with how much they can consume.  It is shocking to me how much people eat during the day and how hungry you get sitting in a cubicle.

My first day at the new job I came armed with my breakfast, lunch, and water bottle.  To my surprise I had finished my breakfast before my first hour and before I knew it found myself craving my lunch.  Was is boredom or was I really hungry?(that question has yet to be answered).  When lunch time came around at 12 my new co-workers informed me that they were treating me to lunch, I said good-bye to my healthy turkey sandwich and hello to the company grille.  The grille we visited was amazing, it had everything you could imagine and it was hard to choose what to eat.  I settled on the turkey panini which did not disappoint. 

After lunch I felt full and a little sluggish.. more then that I was shocked and a little disgusted when I saw that a few of my team members ate two more times before the end of the day.  Could they really be that hungry?  I think the answer is no but who am I to say.. it's only been two days.

I realized the past two days that I need to make healthy choices in my new work environment and my choices in what I eat should include food that will make me feel full while giving me natural energy.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment