Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A new twist on the typical protein shake

Inspired by your Tea concoction I decided to combine my breakfast protein shake and morning coffee into one drink and boy o boy was it delicious and satisfying.

Here's the recipe:

8 ounces Coffee (I brew my own and it is a regular coffee flavor)
2 Tablespoons Protein (I use a vanilla flavored protein)
Splash of Soy Mile (I use the Stop & Shop generic brand-non flavored)
4 Ice cubes

Blended to perfection in my magic bullet.. Don't have one?  A blender will do.


I got my morning boost of caffeine and the protein my body needs to feel full.

1 comment:

  1. I also read that you can add 1-3 scoops of instant coffee grounds (or brewed espresso) directly to the mix, so it's not extra watery, but you get that jolt of coffee! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete