Sunday, October 3, 2010

October 3, 2010 - Roxy's eating log

Oct. 3, 2010:

10:30 am toasted almond iced coffee with cream and agave nectar, English muffin w organic PB (400 cal)

Flax cereal w/ blueberries and banana
1:15 pm flax cereal w milk, banana, blueberries (400 cal)
4:00 pm oatmeal w/ bb, 10 almonds, 2 scoops PB (550 cal)
6:30 pm Arnold flat bread with two slices veggies cheese (190 cal)
8:30 pm mixed greens w balsamic vinegar, spinach w EVOO (150 cal)

Total calories: ~1,700

Overall thoughts on the day:
I feel great today.  I put in a great workout and I ate very healthy.  I bought all my food and assembled my lunches and snacks (and dinner for tomorrow night since I go from work right to class with an hour to spare), up until Wednesday.

Score on today's healthiness: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

I gave today a nine because while everything was pretty spot on, I definitely need to eat more protein.  Protein will keep me full and will help me build muscle.  I should have incorporated chicken in my salad or eggs for breakfast.


Workout:

8:30 am - I ran 7.1 miles today in 1:08 (mostly uphill too!). Check out the route here.  I am super proud of myself.  It was sooo cold this morning, but I was determined to run (I have a half marathon in TWO weeks that I have done NO training for!).  Aside from some blistering on my left foot, I felt awesome.  I ran a surprisingly good 9:35 pace, which I wasn't expecting, especially considering I ran a 10 min. pace last Sunday when I only ran 5.5 miles.  The last 1.5 miles I BOOKED it, which helped me shave off about 5 secs per mile from my pace.  My thighs are really tight, despite stretching, so I am going to try and incorporate yoga into my day/night to help loosen me up.  I ran from my house to my dads and then halfway back (and had my bf pick me up).  I am not devouring a nice and toasty English Muffin w organic PB and a Honey Dew toasted almond iced coffee with cream and agave nectar.

No comments:

Post a Comment