Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oct. 16, 2010 - diet

9:30am coffee, oatmeal with blueberries & strawberries, eggs with mushrooms, onions and peppers (300 cal)
12:00pm 1/2 Luna bar (80 cal)
2:30pm  1/2 grilled chicken wrap, broccoli (400 cal)
3:45pm the other half of my wrap :) (300 cal)
7:00pm CARBO-loading woot! Italian bread and penne with marinara sauce (500 cal)

It is 13 hours before my race and I am SO nervous.  My BF and I drove the race course today and while it certainly is beautiful, it is also VERY long - eek!  Check out the video someone took of the half marathon course here.

Today was super windy, but the wind is supposed to die down by tomorrow morning. I am going to run out to Walmart and get cheap gloves that I can toss once I get warmed up. The race starts at 8am and I plan on being there for around 6:30 am!  My BF remarked, while we were eating lunch, that I had dead hands (my nails get blue/purple when I'm very cold and I have Hashimoto's, which affects my body temperature)!.



Wish me luck - I'll post my results and my thoughts after the race!  Until then, happy carbo loading to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment