Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm back to blogging and boy do these sound delicous!

Have I ever told you that I have a girl crush on Bethenny Frankel?  Well I do.  I wasn't the biggest fan of her book(wish it had more recipes in it) but I love her website.  I haven't made these yet but I'm considering making them this weekend.

Pumpkin Spice MuffinsMakes 1 dozen
 
Ingredients:
3 cups oat flour
2 cups raw sugar
2 T unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 ½ cups canned pumpkin
½ cup water
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups dried cranberries
¼ cup unsalted walnuts
12 muffin cups
 
 
Directions:
 
  1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine raw sugar, melted butter, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water. Beat for 90 seconds, or until well mixed.
  2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices, stirring until no streaks remain.
  3. Combine flour mixture and pumpkin mixture. Stir in nuts and cranberries; stirring only until all ingredients are mixed.
  4. Cover batter and allow to set at room temperature for 60 minutes.
  5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  6. Place muffin cups in muffin holders and fill 2/3 of the way full.
  7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until muffins tops spring back when lightly touched.
  8. If the muffins will be frozen, allow to cool for 1 hour, then tightly wrap in plastic wrap; store in freezer zipper bags.
  9. To reheat, wrap loosely in foil and bake for 5-10 minutes at 350F. Or they may be reheated in the microwave wrapped loosely in a damp paper towel.

1 comment:

  1. I love Bethenny! These sound amazing...they need a nice glaze on top (which would probably defeat their 'healthiness'!).

    ReplyDelete